I read this article after finding it on www.sayuncle.com. Link to their post here.
I found it difficult to read the entire article. When reading the article it was as if I could feel my IQ dropping with each sentence that entered my brain. How dare we use common sense, logic, and facts to backup our political views and the hobbies we participate in. I feel dumber for having read the article, so please excuse any mistakes in this article as I am writing directly after reading Mr. Frum’s gushing fountain of ignorance.
So biggest message is that pro gun legislation and support is directly related to racism as all gun toting, card carrying, good ole boys are southern Caucasian racists and have found a way to be racist in a semi-acceptable manner. Since this is typed I won’t repeat it, but I bet you do read it again.
I’m dumbfounded. I’m not sure how to respond to this article because it is so absurd I’m not sure how to respond in a language that would be understood by the author. Reading the article makes it clear that facts and logic will not sway his opinion.
Let’s do a quick skim play by play:
- Start’s out with a few backhanded compliments. Lists some major political triumphs, but does so in a way that is offensive.
- Here we go with all the numbers, of which I can find no reliable source. Anti-gunners always have tons of these statistics that I take with a grain of salt because I have yet to have one give me the source that isn’t another anti-gunner that is regurgitating what he heard from another. Never a definitive source of data that provides enough information to validate the results. I want to see the exact survey or study, who the sample group is and how large, what the controls were, and the method. If I go to a gun store and conduct a survey, my results would differ from those at a pacifist group hug. To get accurate results I would need to survey an unbiased sample. Both the supporters, those against, and those who aren’t neck deep in either view. Preferably a very large sample, as the larger the sample group, the more accurate the results. End rant!
- He does link to this Gallup Poll. Here is an excellent example of skewed reporting. The poll is from 2005, in which 1012 adults age 18 or higher are the entire sample group. In 2005 the American population was reported as 295.52 million. I wanted to find the population of over age 18, but didn’t come up with it in the first few minutes of research, so we will just use total population. Let’s do some math, this is where we will lose the anti gunners as this will produce a fact! 1012 out of 295,520,000 people is a sample group of 0.0003% of Americans. Well, that should accurately reflect the entirety of Americans, Right? Gallup estimates a possible error rate of ±3%. Words escape me. How were the sample group picked. Were they all business cards from some conference? Without ensuring an equal diversity in those selected for survey in appropriate ratios to how those diversities align with the population, the results hold much less accuracy than a ±3% error rate.
- So, using whatever data supports his opinion, gun owners are a tiny portion of Americans that somehow manipulate policy and legislation. I find it hard to believe that gun ownership is dropping at the indicated rates when gun sales are at an unbelievable high. Oh here it is, 6% of Americans own 65% of all firearms in America. I can’t swallow this one either. I know there are many shooters that have far superior income than I, and as such have a larger collection of things that boom. I can’t believe there are so many with personal arsenals of more firepower than a small country, that would make this statement true.
- Many quotes from LaPierre, while indication how racially neutral the comments are, only to indicate this is what makes them racist. So by not having the racist overtone that all white Americans must have, he is the secret leader of the racist movement disguised as free Americans seeking to get closer to real freedom, or at least not be further oppressed. I wonder if Colion Noir is a gun rights activist because he follows LaPierre’s imaginary racist agenda?
- Microstamping, more of this insane nonsense. Why would the NRA oppose microstamping that would assist police in tracing ammunition? Mostly because it is an unrealistic technology that doesn’t work, and is being used to covertly infringe on the rights of Americans. I’m certain that all criminals in possession of a firearm, that intends to use it in a crime would instantly run and purchase a firing pin that supports microstamping, and register said pin with law enforcement. More likely, some would figure out that if they go to their local range they can pick up some brass fired by those forced into servitude by an absurd ordinance that have microstamping pistols, and seed the crime seen with said brass. Can anyone see the benefit of getting the police to focus on someone other than the criminal?
That’s all of it I can stand to review. Feel free to read the article, but prepare for brain numbing idiocy.Authored By Halon330 Remember, I'm not crazy, just extremely sincere!